Melbourne Cup 2020 : race information what you need to known including the, start time, the field of horses and favourites; We’ve put tightened Ultimate Guide to the great race that stops the nation.
The Melbourne Cup is known as ‘the race that stops a nation’ – and it literally does.
Businesses and school close down, people leave work and the nation tends to be whipped up into a horse racing frenzy.
Despite 2020 being one of the more difficult years of all time the Cup is still going ahead, sand crowd.
Usually over 100,000 people would be flooding into Flemington with millions in ticket sales and on-track expenditures.
However the Melbourne lockdown has meant people will be unable to attend for 2020. This will be the first Tuesday in November like no other.
Instead millions of people around Australia will be keenly watching the events at Flemington live on TV.
Race 7 is the Melbourne Cup at Flemington Racecourse, and it is run over 3200m.
There are 24 horses in the field and there are a total of 10 races on Melbourne Cup Day.
TIME OF THE MELBOURNE CUP RACE
The 2020 Melbourne Cup is on Tuesday, 3 November 2020 at 3pm (AEDT) in Victoria, NSW, Tasmania and ACT – Summer Time.
In Queensland the race will run at 2pm (AEST). In Western Australia the race will be at 12pm, 1.30pm in the Northern Territory, and 2.30pm in South Australia.
Melbourne Cup 2020 Horses
1. ANTHONY VAN DYCK (58.5kg, Barrier 3, J: H.Bowman, T: A.O’Brien)
2. AVILIUS (57kg, Barrier 10, J: J.Allen, T: H.Shimizu)
3. VOW AND DECLARE (57kg, Barrier 4, J: J.Mott, T: D.O’Brien)
4. MASTER OF REALITY (56kg, Barrier 11, J: B.Melham, T: J.O’Brien)
5. SIR DRAGONET (55.5kg, Barrier 14, J: G.Boss, T: C.Maher & D.Eustace)
6. TWILIGHT PAYMENT (55.5kg, Barrier 12, J: J.McNeil, T: J.O’Brien)
7. VERRY ELLEEGANT (55.5kg, Barrier 15, J: M.Zahra, T: C.Waller)
8. MUSTAJEER (55kg, Barrier 2, J: M.Rodd, T: K.Lees)
9. STRATUM ALBION (55kg, Barrier 9, J: J.Childs, T: W.Mullins)
10. DASHING WILLOUGHBY (54.5kg, Barrier 19, J: M.Walker, T: A.Balding)
11. FINCHE (54.5kg, Barrier 6, J: J.McDonald, T: C.Waller)
12. PRINCE OF ARRAN (54.5kg, Barrier 1, J: J.Kah, T: C.Fellowes)
13. SURPRISE BABY (54.5kg, Barrier 7, J: C.Williams, T: P.Pruesker)
14. KING OF LEOGRANCE (53.5kg, Barrier 18, J: D.Lane, T: D.O’Brien)
15. RUSSIAN CAMELOT (53.5kg, Barrier 16, J: D.Oliver, T: D.O’Brien)
16. STEEL PRINCE (53.5kg, Barrier 21, J: W.Pike, T: A.Freedman)
17. THE CHOSEN ONE (53.5kg, Barrier 5, J: D.Stackhouse, T: M.Baker & A.Forsman)
18. ASHRUN (53kg, Barrier 24, J: D.Bates, T: A.Wohler)
19. WARNING (53kg, Barrier 8, J: L.Currie, T: A.Freedman)
20. ETAH JAMES (52.5kg, Barrier 22 J: B.Egan, T: C.Maher & D.Eustace)
21. TIGER MOTH (52.5kg, Barrier 23, J: K.McEvoy, T: A.O’Brien)
22. OCEANEX (51.5kg, Barrier 17, J: D.Yendall, T: M.Price & M.Kent Jr)
23. MIAMI BOUND (51kg, Barrier 13, J: D.Moor, T: D.O’Brien)
24. PERSAN (51kg, Barrier 20, J: M.Dee, T: C.Maher & D.Eustace)
Weather Forecast for Melbourne
Melbourne Cup day at Flemington it’s expected to reach a temperature high of 28 degrees Celsius with a low of 15 degrees, with zero percent chance of rain, according to the Australian Bureau of Meteorology.
In the Melbourne area it’s predicted there will be humidity and fog in the morning, with the sun coming out during the day and light winds of 9km/h to 20 km/h. The temperature and breeze is set to peak around the time of Race 7.
More Melbourne News
Video: Ten News Melbourne Cup 2020 report